Friday, March 8, 2013

BEAUTY IS WITHIN.....
















































WHAT I WORE: H&M: Jacket I Unknown: Jeans I Old Navy: Shirt I Target: Booties I Unknown: Bag I Forever 21: Bracelets

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years."

— Audrey Hepburn


Happy Friday!!! This quote from Audrey Hepburn touched my heart when I read it.  One thing I can say about myself is that I am a truly passionate person. When I care about something/someone, I put my all in it and I am never half-hearted. This concept can be overwhelming for some people because zeal/passion is hard to find, if it is not done for selfish purposes. Also, I would like to add that the definition of beauty is very narrow. Beauty is not so much your outer appearance (i.e. someone looks you in the eyes and for a brief moment you can see into the depths of their soul). The beauty in this is that you open yourself up and you are vulnerable to making a real connection.


I put this outfit together and never considered that the weather would mess up my hair! It surely got crazy/bushy looking and I even started to worry. Then I thought…who cares, I am thankful to have hair. This post made me realize that things are not always set in stone. You have to be willing to adapt to different things and still be able to work it! I know this sounds cheesy, but true beauty is within. What are your thoughts?

                                                        Fashion Love,

                                                               Akinyi

47 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote!
    you look very chic,I like your jacket and the shoes are great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this quote always touches me every time I read it! I'm glad that you really like this look!

      Delete
  2. love this post!
    would you like to follow each other?
    flw me and tell about this!
    I hope to hear from you soon!
    http://mooreann.blogspot.com/
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post!


    http://mayitapink.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! Very chic! Love the wedge shoes!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyaldesigns.com

    Kenya L Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenya!!!! These wedges, I love cause they feel like sneakers (super comfortable)...hahaha not quite :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous!
    I love this outfit <3

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect sense of style, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're gorgeous! love this outfit so much, so chic.
    xoxo
    parisian-fairytale.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I was trying to work it even though the rain messed up my hair! It's all good!!!

      Delete
  8. amazing look!! i just found your blog and i love it!!
    would you like to follow each other?
    i always return the follow :)
    http://inyasuniverse.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great look, my dear.

    Have a great week.

    Kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl you rock!!! great styling <3 your denim.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yellow looks lovely on you!!

    Very cute sweety!

    Kisses!
    Patry
    http://www.siemprehayalgoqueponerse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look with yellow note <3 !

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh u are so cute, loving this look =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quote! You must be a really good friend :) btw I love your wedges <3

    Ps: I have my 1st giveaway on my blog, hope you'll drop by :D.

    Win a Daniel Welling watch (value $199) on my blog:


    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Aww your so sweet, I seriously always want to be good friend! I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  15. Hi sweetie! I'm back with a new blog!
    Thank you for the e-mail, I just couldn't keep that blog so I made a new one with an English version!

    http://pinkvanillalifeen.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So excited, I'm checking out your blog now!!!

      Delete
  16. Perfect combination! Love this look! :)

    http://bellasstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Un look super natural, me encantó!
    Con tu permiso me quedo para seguirte, abrazos desde Uruguay!
    http://perfumederosas-cristina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! My hair definitely went back to it's natural state...lol

      Delete
  18. Cute blog hun! Love your jeans :)

    Would you like to follow each other on gfc? xo

    catherinebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. ~Love the yellow top and dark blazer combination ! You look great ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! I was so debating about the yellow, it truly makes this look come alive!

      Delete
  20. Hello dear :) nice blog and cute outfit! now follow you with pleasure ;) you expect from me if you like!

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    Kiss Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely agree with the lovely Ms. Hepburn! You look beautiful, I love this casual yet stylish outfit! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm glad you like the quote and the outfit!

      Delete
  22. Wow, You are very beautiful, such a nice blog you have here♥
    You can check out mine too, maybe you'd like to follow each other. Also on bloglovin, facebook if you want...
    If you follow me, I follow you back.
    Have a beautiful day!

    http://leblogdemichelle-d.blogspot.com.br/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Blog-de-Michelle/522904717719942

    ReplyDelete
  23. oww, you are so cute!
    wanna follow each other?

    www.esraestella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great styling and choice of colors.
    You have a lovely blog, maybe we could follow each other?

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful!
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello,very nice blog.
    do you like to follow each other?
    www.bebagottel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful outfit!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, dear! and my g+ for you...

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. My lovely fashionista, you look amazing. Seduce us with your style!
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete