Wednesday, January 9, 2013

GRAYS ON GRAYS.......




WHAT I WORE: Ann Taylor: Grey Buttoned-up and Tapered pants I Forever 21: Crazy Cute Love Sweater I H&M: Pointy Platform Heels I Forever 21: Necklace I Target: Lace Stockings & Hat  I Dooney & Bourke: Satchel Bag

Happy Wednesday!! Sorry for not posting last week, I'm totally back and ready to roll for this New Year!!I hope you all had an amazing New Year and staying safe out there :) 

You remember the time, when you were a kid and your mom use to dress you up in an outfit that would be so matchy-matchy. Well, my mom did and she would have me wearing a nice puffy pink dress with so many bows, I think the dress was bow crazy...lol.. She then would pair the dress with a pink cardigan, white stockings, and white Mary-Jane flats.....can't deny it was super cute!

Seriously, you can still dress yourself the same way your mother did when you were a kid. Right now, the new trend is matchy-matchy wearing different shades of the same color. I think that if your not comfortable wearing bold colors in your outfits, the matchy-matchy trend is a good way to make your outfit be simple without trying to be too trendy. I sometimes go really crazy with bold prints and colors that I need a day to tone my outfit down. I'm still experimenting with this trend, hopefully my next post won't be lime green matchy-matchy....:)

                                                                                   Fashion Love,
                                                                                              
                                                                                                 Akinyi

Photos by: Steve Nero

54 comments:

  1. thank you very much for your sweet comment!! following you with Gfc and Bloglovin!!
    kisses

    ps: love the outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the trend although I'd have to throw in a pair of red shoes or something because I don't like being too matchy matchy but this turned out great, I love the hat! :)

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I know right, I felt the same way. I can't deny me some pop of color too :)

      Delete
  3. Follow you back :) nice outfit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice look...the necklace is beautiful!
    http://lostileungioco.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute look! Love the hat!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyaldesigns.com

    Kenya L Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kenya! It's such a winter hat, it goes well with alot stuff in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  6. sooo cool look ! great combo of grey pieces and this necklace just gorgeous finishes the whole style <3 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, I knew I needed something to bring this outfit together!

      Delete
  7. love your look! you have amazing hat dear ^^


    Caroline
    http://missoline.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool blog!
    ıf u want we can followe each other?
    http://agoniiya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh… ABSOlutely stunning!!!And you’ve got a gorgeous blog too!!!HAPPY 2013 dear!!!

    Check out my blog to discover the Marilyn Monroe of S.XIX --- I’ll be waiting for you!!! (We could followed each other by GFC, Bloglovin’ or Facebook

    ABSOkisses!!!
    Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn | The Marilyn Monroe of S.XIX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, I'm following you now on both :)

      Delete
  10. I totally need to try a look like this =) U look chic =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. woow! lovely photos! you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Followed too (on bloglovin)! Thank you dear :)
    Hope we'll keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your style ;)
    like your blog,would You like to follow each other ? just let me know dear :)

    XO MP

    ReplyDelete
  14. great sweater :)

    - A.
    adriannaislookingforastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your style!
    I like the necklace so much!

    Mar
    my blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you want to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your jumper with that top and necklace :) so preppy <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this casual-chic look!

    Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog!

    xo
    Deanne

    http://myfashavenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. That hat is just fabulous - you look gorgeous in these muted colors!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Heather, I'm glad you like, this hat is really good for the winter!

      Delete
  20. love your style!!! lets follow eachother ! Kisses from Romania http://adelinaboie.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous style my dear! And I loved your pics, they are all beautiful.
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great style! Love the pics, would you like to follow each other?

    http://freckleandstreak.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the shoes! Great ideas on your blog! Would love it if you came by my blog and liked it as much as I like yours so we can follow each other;) You'll see me around here pretty often! Stay in touch!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really awesome look, dear :*

    Lots of kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute outfit! Love your sweden :)

    chiomaa.com

    ReplyDelete